CBM 132 – Critical Thinking
Tools and Techniques of Problem Solving
In this course, you will learn and apply key skills as a critical thinker and problem solver. You will learn to leverage your personal thinking preferences using tools and techniques based on cutting-edge technologies.
- Systematically analyze a target problem
- Adapt to different thinking styles in group and team environments
- Gather and interpret pertinent information
- Evaluate arguments and evidence
- Understand opposing positions
- Draw reasonable conclusions and predict logical consequences
- Devise sensible alternatives and test the conclusions
- Draw final conclusions and set up action (or recommendations)
- Present your ideas clearly and concisely for maximum stakeholder buy-in
- Explore impact of your response and select appropriate technique(s)
Upon completion of this course, you will have learned the five critical steps to solving problems using critical thinking.