This course will introduce participants to the theory, concepts, and business application of human resources research, data, metrics, systems, analyses, and reporting. Beyond traditional HR metrics, this course delves into the major advances and application of big data in HR decision-making.
Participants will develop an understanding of the role and importance of HR analytics and the ability to analyze and interpret HR data to support decision making. Participants will use applicable benchmarks/metrics to research case studies and will report findings and recommendations as part of the hands-on approach to learning.
- Understand the new call to action for the HR Professional and why it’s so important today
- Understand how to use analytics as part of your HR decision making process as a business leader
- Analyze appropriate internal and external human resource metrics, benchmarks, and indicators
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis to understand trends and indicators in human resource data; understand and apply various statistical analysis methods
- How to apply what you have learned in class to your everyday role in Human Resources
For individuals pursuing their certificate, this course satisfies one out of the six course program requirements. For HR professionals seeking SHRM recertification, this course earns 24 professional development credits (PDCs).
QUESTIONS? WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
Anticipate 4 hours per week throughout the 6-week program.
Meet fellow participants virtually and build your network.
Program is offered twice per year. See schedule.