HR Essential Skills
There are many skills an HR professional will utilize throughout their career and are the key foundation for every Human Resources professional.
Topics covered in this class include emotional intelligence, developing positive relationships, personal branding, influencing others and managing difficult conversations.
- Understand what emotional intelligence is and start using this skill to “read the room” and anticipate potential issues between people before they arise
- Understand the importance positive relationships have on your career, including utilizing an empathetic style when dealing with people’s concerns
- Use your personal brand to enhance approachability and relationship building
- Use your influencing skills to steer others towards an outcome you desire that is beneficial to the organization or preserving positive employee relations
- Have difficult conversations with others, while focusing on facts, outcomes and managing emotions
For individuals pursuing their certificate, this course satisfies one out of the six course program requirements. For HR professionals seeking SHRM recertification, this course earns 24 professional development credits (PDCs).
Anticipate 4-5 hours per week working through the 5-week program.
Discussion posts due on Mondays and all other deliverables due on Saturdays.
Begin your class on the Sunday following successful enrollment.
“Strategies for Success” is a one-week module that will familiarize you with our online learning system, to ensure when you begin your certificate program you are ready to learn and fully participate. Required for all first time Self-Paced Bryant University certificate learners.
Bryant University is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP™ or SHRM-SCP™.
Bryant University's Executive Development Center is a SHRM preferred provider. All of our Human Resource Management classes are approved for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP recertification credits. This program has been approved for recertification credit hours through SHRM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org.
Bryant University Human Resources Management courses are approved for recertification credits by the Human Resource Certification Institute. The use of these seals is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Please visit the HRCI website at https://www.hrci.org