Talent Acquisition and Retention
People are a company’s most valuable asset, and much care should go into selecting and retaining the right employees. There are many skills an HR professional will utilize throughout their career; none as critical as Talent Acquisition and Retention.
Topics covered in this class are the Recruitment Process, Workforce Planning, the Consultative Approach, Engagement and Retention.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the recruitment process and how to effectively manage it.
- Understand the importance of workforce planning and using strong relationships with hiring managers to proactively fill their hiring needs.
- Use a consultative approach to uncover true needs, select the right person and help unsure hiring managers make a decision on a candidate.
- Understand engagement of both candidates and current employees and use it successfully to attract and retain.
- Understand the importance of retention and how various programs can lead to increased employee satisfaction.
Anticipate 4-5 hours per week working through the 5-week program.
Discussion posts due on Mondays and all other deliverables due on Saturdays.
Begin your class on the Sunday following paid registration.
Our Strategies for Success course is the first step in your online educational journey. This is a one-week course that will familiarize you with our online learning system, to ensure when you begin your certificate program you are ready to learn and fully participate.
This course consists of 5 weeks of guided learning, each comprising multimedia, interactive modules, curated readings, Monday Discussions, and Saturday Deliverables.
It is expected that you will spend approximately 4-5 hours per week working through these materials and assignments.
Begin your class on the Sunday following full enrollment.
Bryant University is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP™ or SHRM-SCP™.
Bryant University's Executive Development Center is a SHRM preferred provider. All of our Human Resource Management classes are approved for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP recertification credits. This program has been approved for recertification credit hours through SHRM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org.
Bryant University Human Resources Management courses are approved for recertification credits by the Human Resource Certification Institute. The use of these seals is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Please visit the HRCI website at https://www.hrci.org