Applied Yellow Belt—Lean Six Sigma Certificate
Applied Yellow Belt is an introductory course to Lean and Six Sigma with a focus on the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) approach to problem solving. Problem solving is a critical business skill that requires both analytical and interpersonal skills. And, perhaps more importantly, it also requires an ability to recognize and define business problems in such a way that they can be solved effectively and efficiently. Several commonly used tools to achieve the objectives of each of the DMAIC five phases will be reviewed.
Six Sigma leads to improved business processes resulting in greater customer satisfaction and increased profitability. The certified Yellow Belt individual can develop process maps to support Six Sigma projects, participate as a team member, and assist in identifying processes that will benefit from improvement projects.
- Understand the flow and objectives of each of the DMAIC problem solving steps
- Define how the gap between customer needs and process performance drives the selection of LSS projects
- Develop a data collection plan to characterize process performance
- Create a cause-and-effect diagram to identify key process input variables
- Use process mapping to identify waste in the process
- Develop an improved process which addresses the issues uncovered in previous steps
- Create a control plan to keep the new process on track
For individuals in any sector—from manufacturing to financial services, to healthcare and nonprofit organizations—who want to improve operational efficiency through data-driven decision making.
This certificate program is designed for prospective and current Six Sigma team members who want a fundamental knowledge of the process.
Anticipate 7 – 8 hours per week working through the 2-week program.
Earn your credential through a program aligned with Bryant University for an additional level of validation of your continuing education efforts.
Personalized and Flexible
Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support.
“Strategies for Success” is a one-week module that will familiarize you with our online learning system, to ensure when you begin your certificate program you are ready to learn and fully participate. Required for all first time Self-Paced Bryant University certificate learners.